Automatic collection of information
When you visit the Website, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends. This data may include information such as your device’s IP address, browser type and version, operating system type and version, language preferences or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Website, pages of our Website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Website, access times and dates, and other statistics.
Collection of personal information
You can visit the Website without telling us who you are or revealing any information by which someone could identify you as a specific, identifiable individual. If, however, you wish to use some of the Website’s features, you will be asked to provide certain Personal Information (for example, your name and e-mail address). We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us when you create an account, publish content, or fill any online forms on the Website. When required, this information may include your email address, name, address, or other Personal Information. You can choose not to provide us with your Personal Information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some of the Website’s features. Users who are uncertain about what information is mandatory are welcome to contact us.
Managing personal information
You can access, add to, update, and delete certain Personal Information about you. The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Website or Services change. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. Some data may remain in our private records after your deletion of such information from your account. We will retain and use your Personal Information for the period necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements unless a more extended retention period is required or permitted by law. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. Once the retention period expires, Personal Information shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification, and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the expiration of the retention period.
Use and processing of collected information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used to personalize your experience; improve our Website; improve customer service and respond to queries and emails of our customers; send newsletters; send notification emails such as password reminders, updates, etc.; run and operate our Website and Services. Information collected automatically is used only to identify potential cases of abuse and establish statistical information regarding Website usage. This statistical information is not otherwise aggregated in such a way that it would identify any particular user of the system.
We may process Personal Information related to you if one of the following applies: (i) You have given your consent for one or more specific purposes. Note that under some legislations, we may be allowed to process information until you object to such processing (by opting out), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases below. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Information is subject to European data protection law; (ii) Provision of information is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof; (iii) Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which you are subject; (iv) Processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or the exercise of official authority vested in us; (v) Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. In any case, we will be happy to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular, whether the provision of Personal Information is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a condition necessary to enter into a contract.
Information transfer and storage
Depending on your location, data transfers may involve transferring and storing your information in a country other than your own. You are entitled to learn about the legal basis of information transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by us to safeguard your information. If any such transfer takes place, you can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with us using the information provided in the contact section.
The rights of users
You may exercise certain rights regarding your information processed by us. In particular, you have the right to do the following: (i) you have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given your consent to the processing of your information; (ii) you have the right to object to the processing of your data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent; (iii) you have the right to learn if data is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing; (iv) you have the right to verify the accuracy of your data and ask for it to be updated or corrected; (v) you have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your data, in which case, we will not process your data for any purpose other than storing it; (vi) you have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of your Personal Information from us; (vii) you have the right to receive your information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that your information is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on your consent, on a contract which you are part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
The right to object to processing
Where Personal Information is processed for the public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in us or for the legitimate interests pursued by us, you may object to such processing by providing a ground related to your particular situation to justify the objection. You must know that, however, should your Personal Information be processed for direct marketing purposes, you can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether we are processing Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, you may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible.
Privacy of children
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any Personal Information through our Website or Service. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide Personal Information through our Website or Service without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us through our Website or Service, please contact us. You must also be at least 16 years of age to consent to the processing of your Personal Information in your country (in some states, we may allow your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf).
Do Not Track signals
Some browsers incorporate a Do Not Track feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Tracking is not the same as using or collecting information in connection with a website. For these purposes, tracking refers to collecting personally identifiable information from consumers who use or visit a site or online service as they move across different websites over time. Our Website does not track its visitors over time and across third-party websites. However, some third-party sites may keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you.
Analytics tools and advertising
Use of Google Analytics
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies,” text files that are stored on your computer and that enable your use of the website to be analyzed. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymization is enabled on this website, your IP address will first be truncated by Google within the Member States of the European Union or other parties to the agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services regarding website activity and internet usage for the website operator.
- The IP address provided by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be combined with other data from Google.
- You can prevent cookies from being stored by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser; however, we wish to point out that by doing so, you may not be able to enjoy the full functionality of this website. You can also prevent the data generated by cookies concerning your use of the website (incl. your IP address) from being passed to Google, and the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout? hl=de.
- This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp().” As a result, IP addresses are further processed in truncated form, so that reference to individuals can be ruled out. As far as the data collected about you is related to you as a person, it will be excluded immediately, and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
- We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. We can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework, for exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 para. One, clause one lit. F GDPR.
- Third-party provider information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. Conditions of use:
- http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, Overview of data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, as well as the Data Protection Declaration: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
- This website also uses Google Analytics for an analysis of visitor flows across all devices that are carried out via a user ID (Google Universal Analytics). You can disable the device cross-analysis of your use in your account under “My data,” “personal data.”
Google Analytics Remarketing
This is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, U.S.A.
This function enables the target groups created with Google Analytics Remarketing to be linked with the cross-device functions of Google AdWords and Google DoubleClick. In this way, interest-related, personalized advertising messages that, depending on your previous usage and surfing behavior, can be displayed on an end device (e.g., mobile phone) have been adapted to you can also be posted on another of your devices (e.g., tablet or PC).
Once you have given your consent, Google will associate your web and app browsing history with your Google Account for this purpose. That way, any device that signs in to your Google Account can use the same personalized promotional messaging.
To support this feature, Google Analytics collects Google-authenticated user IDs that are temporarily linked to our Google Analytics data to define and create cross-device ad targeting. You can permanently object to cross-device remarketing/targeting by disabling personalized advertising in your Google Account by following this link https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/.
The aggregation of the data collected in your Google Account data is based solely on your consent, which you may give or withdraw from Google (Art. 6 paras. 1 (a) GDPR). For data collection operations not merged into your Google Account (for example, because you do not have a Google Account or have objected to the merge), the collection of data is based on Art. 6 paras. 1 (f) of the GDPR. The legitimate interest arises from the fact that the website operator has an interest in the anonymous analysis of website visitors for advertising purposes.
Further information and the data protection regulations can be found in Google’s Data Protection (Privacy) Policy at https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/.
Google AdWords and Google Conversion Tracking
AdWords is an online advertising program from Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States (“Google”). As part of Google AdWords, we use so-called conversion tracking. When you click on an ad served by Google, a conversion tracking cookie is set. Cookies are small text files that the internet browser stores on the user’s computer. These cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification of the user. Should the user visit individual pages of the website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the website can tell that the user clicked on the ad and proceeded to that page.
Each Google AdWords advertiser has a different cookie. Thus, cookies cannot be tracked using the website of an Adwords advertiser. The information obtained using the conversion cookie is used to create conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have opted in to conversion tracking. Customers are told the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a conversion tracking tag page. However, advertisers do not obtain any information that can be used to identify users personally. If you do not wish to participate in tracking, you can refuse by simply deactivating the Google conversion tracking cookie via your internet browser settings. In doing so, you will not be included in the conversion tracking statistics. “Conversion cookies” are stored based on Art. 6 paras. 1 (f) of the GDPR. The website operator has a legitimate interest in analyzing user behavior to optimize both its website and its advertising.
We use “Google reCAPTCHA” (hereinafter “reCAPTCHA”) on our websites. This service is provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). reCAPTCHA is used to check whether the data entered on our website (such as on a contact form) have been entered by a human or by an automated program. To do this, reCAPTCHA analyses the behavior of the website visitor based on various characteristics. This analysis starts automatically as soon as the visitor enters the website. For the study, reCAPTCHA evaluates different information (e.g., IP address, how long the visitor has been on the site, or mouse movements made by the user). The data collected during the analysis will be forwarded to Google.
Use of social media plug-ins
- We currently use the following social media plug-ins: [Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Xing, T3N, LinkedIn, Flattr]. We use what is called the two-click solution. This means that if you visit our site, initially, no personal data will be passed on to the providers of these plug-ins. You can recognize the provider of the plug-in by the marking on the box above its initial letter or the logo. We offer you the possibility to communicate directly with the provider of the plug-in via the button. Only if you click on the marked field and thereby activate it, the plug-in provider receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding website of our online offer. Besides, the data mentioned under section § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. In the case of Facebook and Xing, the IP address is anonymized immediately after collection, according to the respective provider in Germany. By activating the plug-in, data is automatically transmitted to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (US providers in the USA). Since the plug-in provider collects information mainly via cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies using your browser’s security settings before clicking on the greyed-out box.
- We do not influence the data collected and data processing processes, nor are we aware of the full extent of data collection, the purposes of the processing, the storage periods. We also have no information on the deletion of the data collected by the plug-in provider.
- The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as user profiles and uses these for advertising, market research, and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation is also made for users who are not logged in, to display customized advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of these user profiles. You must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right. Through the plug-ins, we offer you the possibility to interact with social networks and other users so that we can improve our offering and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Art. 6 para. One, clause one lit. F GDPR.
- The data is passed on regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged in with the plug-in provider, your data collected with us will be directly assigned to your existing account with the plug-in provider. When you confirm the activated button and link the page, for example, the plug-in provider also stores this information in your user account and communicates this to your contacts publicly. We recommend that you log out regularly after using a social network, especially before activating the button. In this way, you can avoid being assigned to your profile with the plug-in provider.
- For more information on the purpose and extent of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider, please refer to the privacy statements of these providers provided below. Here, you will also find further information on your rights and settings options for protecting your privacy.
- Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URL with their data protection information:
- Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/? hl=de. Google has submitted to the EU-US privacy shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework)
- Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter has submitted to the EU-US privacy shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
Integration of Google Maps
- We use Google Maps functions on this website. This allows us to display interactive maps directly on the site and enables your convenient use of the map function.
- When you visit this website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. Besides, the data mentioned under Section 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether Google makes available a user account via which you are logged in, or no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your Google profile, you must first log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for advertising, market research, and/or requirements-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation also takes place (even for users who are not logged in) to provide customized advertising and to inform other social network users about activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact Google to exercise this right.
If you would like to receive a newsletter that is offered, we require a valid email address as well as information which allows us to verify that you are the owner of the email address provided and that you agree to receive this newsletter. No additional data is collected or will only be collected voluntarily. We only use this data to send the requested information and do not pass it on to third parties.
We will, therefore, process any data you enter onto the contact form only with your consent per Art. 6 paras. 1a GDPR. You can revoke consent to the storage of your data and email address as well as their use for sending the newsletter at any time, e.g., through the “unsubscribe” link in the newsletter. The legality of the processing of data which has already occurred remains unaffected by this withdrawal.
The data provided when registering for the newsletter will be used to distribute the newsletter until you cancel your subscription when said data are deleted. Data we have stored for other purposes (e.g., email addresses for the member’s area) remains unaffected.
Links to other websites
Our Website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites or third-parties. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Website and to read the privacy statements of each website that may collect Personal Information.
We secure information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure of Personal Information in its control and custody. However, no data transmission over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed. Therefore, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that (i) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (ii) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and our Website cannot be guaranteed; and (iii) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third-party, despite best efforts.
In the event we become aware that the security of the Website has been compromised or users Personal Information has been disclosed to unrelated third parties as a result of external activity, including, but not limited to, security attacks or fraud, we reserve the right to take reasonably appropriate measures, including, but not limited to, investigation and reporting, as well as notification to and cooperation with law enforcement authorities. In the event of a data breach, we will make reasonable efforts to notify affected individuals if we believe that there is a moderate risk of harm to the user as a result of the breach or if notice is otherwise required by law. When we do, we will post a notice on the Website, send you an email.
We will disclose any information we collect, use or receive if required or permitted by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request. In the event, we go through a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your user account, and Personal Information will likely be among the assets transferred.
Changes and amendments
Acceptance of this policy
You acknowledge that you have read this Policy and agree to all its terms and conditions. By using the Website or its Services, you agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Policy, you are not authorized to use or access the Website and its Services.
If you would like to contact us to understand more about this Policy or wish to contact us concerning any matter relating to individual rights and your Personal Information, you may do so via the contact form or send an email to [email protected]